2. WHAT IS A COOKIE?
A cookie, also known as a HTTP cookie, a web cookie or a browser cookie, is usually a small text file sent from a website and stored in the user's web browser, resp. on the device of the user while a user is browsing on a website, resp. is using a mobile application. When the user in the future surfs on the same website, the data stored in that cookie can be retrieved by the website in order to notify the website of the last activity of that user. Cookies were designed as a reliable mechanism for websites to remember the status of the website or the previous user activity of a certain user. They help us to optimize your visit to the Site and Platform, to remember technical choices (e.g. choice of language, newsletter, etc.) and to offer more relevant services and offers. If you wish to consult the Site and the Platform resp. use it, journy.io encourages you to enable cookies. However, if you choose to not do this, you are always free to disable the cookies.
Cookies may include: clicking on certain buttons, logging-in or a record of the pages which were visited by the user, even months or years ago. Although cookies cannot contain viruses and cannot install malware on the host computer, tracking cookies, and especially third-party tracking cookies are often used as ways to establish long-term data from the browser history of individuals together. This implies major privacy concerns that gave rise for European and US lawmakers to take action in 2011. This cookie statement is in accordance with current Belgian law (Law of 07.10.2012 laying down rules on electronic communications, BS 09/20/2012).
This Site/Platform uses different types of cookies:
• Strictly necessary cookies: As the name suggests, these cookies are strictly necessary to enable you to surf the Site, resp. use the Platform or to provide certain functions you requested.
• Functionality cookies: These cookies improve the functionality of the Site and the Platform by remembering your preferences. For example, you can set up your profile on the homepage.
• Tracking Cookies: These cookies will survive user sessions. When the Max-Age of a permanent cookie is set at one year, then, within that year, the initial value – stored in that cookie – shall be sent back to the server each time the user visits the server. This is done to save a vital piece of information, such as how the user initially came to the Site or the Platform. For this reason they are also called tracking cookies. For example, once you have chosen your preferred language, the Site/Platform will record your preference in a persistent cookie and save it in your browser. When you visit the Site/Platform again, the Site/Platform will use that persistent cookie to ensure that the content is delivered in the desired language.
• Third party cookies: In order to support its communications, journy.io has anchored its content in social media channels such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn and journy.io makes use of the sharing features on social networks. The channels that journy.io uses may contain cookies of these websites, but journy.io does not verify this. You should consult the relevant website of these third parties to learn more about these cookies.
3. LIST OF THE COOKIES THE SITE USES
The table below lists the cookies that journy.io, where appropriate, collects and the information such cookies save.
Google Analytics cookies
We use Google Analytics cookies to collect data about your visits to our Site. For more information on how these cookies work, please consult the cookie and privacy statement of Google.
4. LIST OF THE COOKIES THE APP/PLATFORM USES
5. DISABLING COOKIES
There are a few possibilities to avoid the storage of cookies. Please visit the websites of the different browsers to learn how you can block the storage of cookies. Please realize that when you decide to delete all your cookies, you probably will have to fill in all your usernames and passwords again on the websites you visit, where before you did not have to think about them. As already mentioned, cookies really can have an added value to your surfing experience on the web.If you want to know more about cookies, please visit the site www.allaboutcookies.org. This site provides more information on cookies, explains in detail how to delete the cookies and shows you how you can allow familiar sites to storage cookies on your computer.
6. CONTACT DETAILS journy.io
Folke Bernadottestraat 16
9000 Ghent (Belgium)
Book a meeting with one of our experts and let’s get you started.